RE: Duplication of provisional URI namespace tokens in 2717/8-bis

Hello Larry, others,

The registration rules as such may be fine. But what I
thought was almost totally missing in the draft, and I
think is very important to make clear (not to people like
us who I guess all understand that, but to third-party
readers of the document not necessarily thinking globally
enough), and to be repeated wherever appropriate:

**** Duplicates are inherently a very bad idea. ****

Also, in my understanding, the provisional process
should actually avoid future duplicates, rather than
increase them, because: 1) land-grabbers know that
just registering something won't work, so hopefully
they won't show up at all; 2) actual scheme inventers
will do a provisional registration because it's easy;
and 3) other scheme inventers will avoid duplicates
because they'll check the registry before deciding
on a scheme name.

Regards,    Martin.