Re: draft-06 plus last last-call changes

At 03:01 25/09/04 -0700, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>A diff from draft 06 can be seen at
>
>    http://gbiv.com/protocols/uri/rev-2002/diff-draft-06
>
>Please review.

Diff @ line 2009:
[[
Since URIs exist to identify resources, presumably they should be
considered equivalent when they identify the same resource.  However,
such a definition of equivalence is not of much practical use, since
there is no way for an implementation to compare two resources that
are not under its own control.
]]

The phrase "that are not under its own control" here doesn't seem quite right.
(e.g. I think counter-examples might be constructed using the data: scheme.)
I think "there is no way for an implementation to compare two resources
unless it has full knowledge or control of them" would be closer.

Otherwise, the changes all look fine to me.

#g

Graham Klyne
For email:
http://www.ninebynine.org/#Contact