Re: hosts: case-insensitive? (important)

Similar to the issue of "octets <=> ASCII conversion",
I do not see any change in the spec nor any answer to
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/uri/2004Mar/0014.html
(cited below).

I do not think that host should be case-insensitive in
the generic syntax, because this would unduely restrict
the use of URIs with potential future systems.

I know that others have made the same comment in private,
so I really wonder why it hasn't been addressed.

I'm not sure this issue can be addressed on the RFC
editor level, but it definitely should be addressed.

Regards,    Martin.