Re: uddi scheme (and informal scheme indexes)

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 11:47, Mark Nottingham wrote:
>  From http://www.w3.org/Addressing/schemes.html:
>
> [[[ This is (an attempt at) an exhaustive list of URI schemes. We try
> to list them all, whether they're standard or not.

I have to admit I don't try all that hard lately.
The task is daunting... depressing, even. I
feel kinda awkward acknowledging that I know
about these schemes without contacting their authors
to encourage them to register formally... but I haven't
really constructed a reasonably persuasive argument
about why they should do that.

I'm inclined to retire the page and say "please
let uri@w3.org know about any schemes you find,
and try to get their authors to register officially".

Another possibility is add something like
"Good URIs don't use UnregisteredUriSchemes"
to the wiki topic http://esw.w3.org/topic/GoodURIs
and collaborate on why UnregisteredUriSchemes
is an AntiPattern.