Re: non-IETF tree URI scheme draft

From: Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress <rden@loc.gov>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 13:58:38 -0500
To: <uri@w3.org>

From: "Larry Masinter" <LMM@acm.org>
> > 2) If the "orgname-" in the uri-scheme is primarily used to
> > avoid namespace collision, .......
> No, it is for distinguishing IETF vs non-IETF tree.

That really sets us back a few months. Sorry, but we've been told over and
over (and over) again that it's to avoid collision (so that there can be a
'niso-info' scheme and, for example, a 'gnome-info' scheme).

Now if the theory is again that it's to distinguish IETF from non-IETF
schemes, I'm afraid I'm going to have to start complaining all over again.

--Ray