Re: resources and URIs and specification text

From: Roy T. Fielding <fielding@apache.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 16:12:28 -0700
Cc: uri@w3.org
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>

> Given the level of support for Hayes's proposal, I'd very
> much like Fielding to elaborate his position.

What more is there to elaborate?  A paragraph that merely punts on
the issue will engender such debates in every single working group
that uses URIs and (as happened prior to 2396) will result in
technologies that assume resource == file and other such garbage.
The status quo is to leave the definition as is, since we know that
doesn't break any real systems.

....Roy