resources and URIs and specification text

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 29 Apr 2003 09:05:24 -0500
To: uri@w3.org

For a brief, shining moment, we actually had a discussion
of specification text.

Could we please return to that discussion?

I point out that this work on RFC2396 is going on without
the full formality of an IETF WG (but with
the knowledge and consent of the IETF Area Directors
and the W3C Director/staff and much of the community[1,2]) on
the basis that this community (Fielding as editor and
the participants of uri@w3.org) could Just Do It,
without need of an explicit chair, charter, and
all that. But should these mechanics not produce
fruit, more formal malarky may be necessary
(and it's not clear whether the editing resources
would remain available if that had to happen.)

Here's a summary of the state of play as I see it...

suggestion by Bray