RE: resources, stuffs and individuation

From: Joshua Allen <joshuaa@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 22:04:09 -0700
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@apache.org>, "pat hayes" <phayes@ai.uwf.edu>
Cc: "Tim Bray" <tbray@textuality.com>, "John Cowan" <cowan@mercury.ccil.org>, <uri@w3c.org>

> the argument is based on the premise that "identity" is defined more
> precisely outside the English language, which is an argument that
simply
> doesn't apply to a specification written in English.

Sorry, *now* I am confused.  What does this mean?

It seems to have nothing at all to do with what Pat was talking about,
and in fact seems to have no meaning at all.

What does "defined more precisely outside the English language" mean?
Surely you can't mean "defined in some non-English language", or worse
yet "defined in some non-language"?