Re: URI schemes used in vim: rcp://, scp://

I'm no expert, but the document RFC 2718 (http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2718.txt)
recommends that:

---
2.1.2 Improper use of "//" following "<scheme>:"
   Contrary to some examples set in past years, the use of double
   slashes as the first component of the <scheme-specific-part> of a URL
   is not simply an artistic indicator that what follows is a URL:
   Double slashes are used ONLY when the syntax of the URL's <scheme-
   specific-part> contains a hierarchical structure as described in RFC
   2396.  In URLs from such schemes, the use of double slashes indicates
   that what follows is the top hierarchical element for a naming
   authority.  (See section 3 of RFC 2396 for more details.)  URL
   schemes which do not contain a conformant hierarchical structure in
   their <scheme-specific-part> should not use double slashes following
   the "<scheme>:" string.
---

I think that the use of double slashes in "scp://machine//path" is improper,
according to the above suggestion.
---
Jimmy Cerra

---