Re: About RawGit, and possible replacements

On 12/13/18 9:34 AM, Ralph Swick wrote:
> On 2018-12-11 10:47 AM, Antonio Olmo Titos wrote:
>> Staff, chairs, spec-prod,
>>
>> as you may know, the free online service RawGit is
>> discontinued, and will stop working for all URLs next year [1].
>
> ... instantly making many URIs cited in our archives (mail, github, &tc) un-Cool
>
>    https://www.w3.org/Provider/Style/URI.html
>
> Somewhere on our (ordered) requirements list must be how to assure that we limit the risk of
> repeating this dis-service to those who refer to our records in the future.

Which is why the CSSWG hosts its editor's drafts on a domain that is under *our* control.
   https://drafts.csswg.org/

IMHO it should be W3C policy that any document expected to be referred to by anyone outside
the people working on it should be hosted on a domain name that is or can be hosted by W3C.

~fantasai