Re: Removing XHTML saving from ReSpec?

On 25/02/2013 12:43 , Karl Dubost wrote:
>> 2) the DOCTYPE is one of the XHTML ones
>
> Not understanding this one :)
> <!DOCTYPE html> will work perfectly with WF XML

Yes, but I don't know if it works for the variety of things that people
do with this. More specifically, it used to be that we couldn't include
RDFa outside of XHTML because it wouldn't validate (and therefore not
pass pubrules). If this hasn't changed, I would suspect that the above
DOCTYPE is also wrong for this case (since most XHTML validators tend to
"dumbly" use a DTD instead of proper validation techniques).

>> 3) RDFa somehow seems to depend on this
>
> which is the goal of "HTML+RDFa 1.1"
> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-in-html/

*If* this is supported in validation and *if* it matches what people are
doing with RDFa in specs. That's an unknown for me.

Note that if I implement the above changes we are effectively chucking
XHTML out (since XHTML requires specific DOCTYPEs) and replacing it with
polyglot HTML5.