Re: Removing XHTML saving from ReSpec?

On 25/02/2013 12:09, Robin Berjon wrote:
> Note that if I implement the above changes we are effectively
> chucking XHTML out (since XHTML requires specific DOCTYPEs) and
> replacing it with polyglot HTML5.

I don't think the situation with XHTML is any different from that of
HTML. Versions up to 4 required (for validity) a specific doctype
and versions after that do not. "XHTML" is just the XML serialisation of
HTML

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/introduction.html#html-vs-xhtml

doesn't suggest that you have to restrict to the HTML4 element set to be
"XHTML".

David