RE: Is there a way in respec to hyperlink to external refs?

I like the way Joe Hildebrand's "idempotent" transformation handles references, and wonder if the bibliographic database is the first area to attack and getting a common base with respec.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Berjon [mailto:robin@berjon.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 3:51 AM
To: Travis Leithead
Cc: spec-prod@w3.org Prod
Subject: Re: Is there a way in respec to hyperlink to external refs?

On Aug 29, 2012, at 20:09 , Travis Leithead wrote:
> In the meantime, I'm going to keep the data-spec="XXX" attributes in my source for when something like this comes on-line (or I write the patch for respec). I'm keeping the XXX syntax the same as [[XXX]] syntax, so that I know what spec it could eventually link to.

I think that makes sense. The identifiers in the current cross-reference data are different from those in the bibref data, but that's something we'll fix as using the same for both makes sense.

If you get started on the patch, don't hesitate to ping me first so that we can sync up on the status of the various moving parts that might be involved!