Re: Is there a way in respec to hyperlink to external refs?

From: Liam R E Quin <liam@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 18:18:53 -0400
To: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Cc: "spec-prod@w3.org" <spec-prod@w3.org>
On Tue, 2012-08-28 at 21:54 +0000, Travis Leithead wrote:
> Q: I'd like to include an auto-generated hyperlink to an external
> reference. I don't want to have to manually add the href attribute to
> each of these external references. Is there a way I can have a single
> definition that contains the hyperlink which is repeated to all
> occurances of that external reference?

If you're authoring in an XML editor such as Oxygen or Serna, you could
use an XML entity,

<!ENTITY dom "http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/">

and then use href="&dom;#node"
(the Overview.html is not needed on /TR, I'm not sure on dcvs.w3.org
offhand)

But if you're using XML you could use XSLT to add the links too of
course...

Liam

Co-author, 5th edition of "Beginning XML", Wrox, July 2012