Is there a way in respec to hyperlink to external refs?

From: Travis Leithead <travis.leithead@microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 21:54:12 +0000
To: "spec-prod@w3.org" <spec-prod@w3.org>
Q: I'd like to include an auto-generated hyperlink to an external reference. I don't want to have to manually add the href attribute to each of these external references. Is there a way I can have a single definition that contains the hyperlink which is repeated to all occurances of that external reference?

E.g.,

The definition of Node from DOM4 is here: http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#node

I'd like to say succinctly that <a class="externalDFN">Node</a> but possibly add a syntax to replicate the long URL above into each of these external references.

Can this be done?