RE: Thoughts about future pubrules

From: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 18:06:44 -0700
To: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
CC: spec-prod <spec-prod@w3.org>, Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
> What we need is a web form (aka web service) like this:...

This sounds a little like the Internet Drafts submission format

https://datatracker.ietf.org/submit/

which lets you submit documents to the internet drafts repository.
It validates the submission through email to the submitter (but I suppose
W3C has authentication).

If you send in the XML from xml2rfc format, it will let the tools.ietf.org site
generate Other formats.

It also validates the submission against a 'nit' checker, like "is
there a IPR statement that matches".