Re: IETF RFC format <-> W3C pubrules

Hi, Larry-

On 4/28/12 11:50 PM, Larry Masinter wrote:
> Hey W3Cers, there's a serious discussion in IETF-land over updating the
> format for RFCs. There was a meeting at the last IETF meeting
> and a lengthy discussion about requirements, workflows, etc.
>
>      http://www.rfc-editor.org/pipermail/rfc-interest/
>
> I think it is feasible and would be a great breakthrough if IETF
> and W3C specification formats could converge.
>
> There is quite a bit of overlap in requirements, although of course
> They are not exactly aligned.
>
> It would especially be a boon for joint IETF/W3C work.

I think this would be a great idea.  There is some movement here in W3C
on a new design for specs (beyond Tab and Fantasai's April Fools' joke).

Would you be interested in being a point person in collecting and
reporting IETF requirements?

I think IETF, and the Web community, would benefit from a well-style
HTML version of IETF specs.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Developer Relations
Project Coordinator, SVG, WebApps, Touch Events, and Audio WGs