Re: Feature request for diff links (was: Re: [respec] acronyms)

From: Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 13:22:59 +0100
Cc: "Shane McCarron" <shane@aptest.com>, "spec-prod@w3.org Prod" <spec-prod@w3.org>
To: Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>
Hi Giuseppe.

On Nov 23, 2011, at 12:25 , Giuseppe Pascale wrote:
> I'll take the chance to make this into a feature request then :)
> I've seen spec having at the top of the document (after the list of current and previous versions) and link to the diff page, for example this one:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets-digsig/
>
> Maybe you could add a flag to decide if you want the link to the diff page available as a "DiffMark" button or as a "header"?
> Also, should be possible to have a list of previous versions and the difference with each of them?

I think that that feature makes a lot of sense, but as you will have understood, I don't use the diff functionality myself so I'm unlikely to get around to implementing it myself (there are quite a few other features that I have higher up on my todo list). But maybe you can convince Shane to do it  and of course, we take patches ;-)