Feature request for diff links (was: Re: [respec] acronyms)

From: Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:25:09 +0100
To: "Robin Berjon" <robin@berjon.com>
Cc: "Shane McCarron" <shane@aptest.com>, "spec-prod@w3.org Prod" <spec-prod@w3.org>
On Wed, 23 Nov 2011 12:16:31 +0100, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> On Nov 23, 2011, at 12:14 , Giuseppe Pascale wrote:
>> Thanks, but I'm not sure if you got my comment right.
>> I'm not sure if the tool works or not, I was wondering how the all
>> thing works since I would expect respec to generate a link like "diff
>> with the previous version" at the top of the document. But I don't see
>> any such a link. Is it supposed to work like this? Do I need to add
>> some more settings?
>
> Ah! Sorry, indeed I misread your comment. The toolbox is accessible from
> Ctrl-Alt-Shift-S. There, you will see a "DiffMark" button. Clicking it
> seems to work!

mmm, I swear I tried before writing the mail and didn't work. But now it
works...thanks anyway!

I'll take the chance to make this into a feature request then :)
I've seen spec having at the top of the document (after the list of
current and previous versions) and link to the diff page, for example this
one:
http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets-digsig/

Maybe you could add a flag to decide if you want the link to the diff page
available as a "DiffMark" button or as a "header"?
Also, should be possible to have a list of previous versions and the
difference with each of them?

/g

--
Giuseppe Pascale