Re: Using GitHub for specification development

On Wed, Nov 9, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Robin Berjon <robin@berjon.com> wrote:

> Concerning the issue tracker, I think that syncing to W3C (or using only
> W3C) is a hard requirement. GitHub could be taken over by $evil, or could
> simply go belly up overnight, and we really shouldn't lose WG work over
> that. That said, they have an API for almost everything, including issues,
> so it should be very much doable to sync.

We've had the same conversation about a year ago when we moved to W3 XG on
what to do with the GitHub issues. We decided to move them all to the W3
tracker and only use the W3 tracker from then onwards (we only had 8 at the
time so the manual process wasn't too hard). The rationale was similar to
what you outlined, and also because we didn't want to have to monitor
issues in two places...

Steph.