Re: Publication of specifications as HTML5

On 18 Aug 2011, at 3:25 PM, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Le 18 août 2011 à 15:59, Aryeh Gregor a écrit :
>> What are the practical problems
>
> I'm interested by this part of the discussion specifically.
> Could we outline the issues that would have to be solved if we were injecting an HTML5 specification in the current system?
>
> Then from here, we could move on on helping Ian Jacobs (and current Webmaster) to adjust these tools so we could meet halfway.

Historically we have waited until a spec is further along the standards track before adding it to pubrules. There has been a growing demand to use HTML5 for TRs.

The staff has been discussing this. Karl mentions tooling issues (specifically the pubrules checker) which is one of the topics we've been discussing. Another one has to do with polyglot support. We've not completed our discussions internally, but discussion on spec-prod is also welcome.

I'll keep an eye on this thread and will have more to contribute once the team discussions have wrapped up (slowed by vacations).

Ian