Re: Language Binding License

Hi Philippe,

On Feb 17, 2010, at 19:57 , Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> the license is inside the W3C Recommendation itself. See
> http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Core/copyright-notice.html

Yes I saw, but that wasn't my question — sorry for being unclear. DOM 3 is a multi-document specification, so the licence is both included completely and as a chapter in the specification. What I would like to have is a way of including just a short fragment possibly with a link to a canonical URL for the licence inlined in a single-document specification.

> In DOM specs, we copied the licenses. It may be possible to avoid doing
> so and just having the open paragraph.

That's what I'd like to do. The context is DAP and WebApps API specs (which are all single-document) and ReSpec. If we could have an agreed-upon short inlinable snippet of text and a common location at which to place it I'd have ReSpec automatically add it whenever there's IDL in the specification.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/