Re: in-line targets in IETF RFCs?

Dan Connolly wrote:
> I've got a draft that I want to publish as an Internet Draft:
>   http://www.w3.org/html/wg/href/draft.html
>
> so I'm writing an XSLT transformation from (a dialect
> of) XHTML to the IETF's XML format:
>   http://bitbucket.org/DanC/urlp/src/tip/wah5/
>
> but I can't find any IETF construct for
>   <dfn id="lollypop">Definition: a lollypop is a
>    spherical confection</dfn>
>   Place <a href="#lollypop">lollypop</a> in mouth...

<t anchor="lollypop">
   Definition: a lollypop is aspherical confection
</t>

(*)

<t>
   Place a <xref target="lollypop">lollypop</xref> in mouth...
</t>

> The closest I could get was to make each definition
> into a figure, but one reviewer (ht) found that
> very distracting.
> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/href/draft-ietf.html

It totally is :-)

> Help!?

Hope this helps,

Julian

(*) When using rfc2629.xslt, you may also want to look at:
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc2629xslt/rfc2629xslt.html#ext.element.dfn>