Re: XHTML Style Sheet Questions

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 17:09:39 -0500
To: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Cc: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk, richard.t.kennedy@boeing.com, spec-prod@w3.org
/ David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk> was heard to say:
| But I agree with what others have said, if you are sending the files to
| a legacy html browser, just using the html output method is the safest
| course of action.

My standard procedure is to run the results through tidy ("-q -utf8
-mn -asxml" if anyone is interested) before actually putting them on
the web. I think the XHTML stylesheets for XML Spec (which are, in
fact, generated entirely mechanically from the HTML ones) were a bad
idea. But several folks explicitly asked for them so I provided them.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm