Re: XHTML Style Sheet Questions

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:05:31 GMT
To: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk
CC: richard.t.kennedy@boeing.com, spec-prod@w3.org

> I don't know if any XSLT implementations out there can be configured
> to do something special with XHTML. . .

You could use an xslt2 implementation, xslt2 has an xhtml output method
that does these "compatibility" hacks. Probably the stylesheet would
need a bit of customisation so that the templates using xslt1 extensions
for such things as multiple file output had options for using the xslt2
equivalents, but I wouldn't expect that many changes were needed.

But I agree with what others have said, if you are sending the files to
a legacy html browser, just using the html output method is the safest
course of action.

David

http://www.star.net.uk