Second Edition or (Second Edition)

From: Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:15:42 +0900
To: spec-prod@w3.org, "C. M. Sperberg-McQueen" <cmsmcq@acm.org>

I just had a look at some second/third editions. There seems some
variation in how this information is integrated into the title.
In particular, I found:
	Extensible Markup Language (XML) 1.0 (Third Edition)
but
	XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes Second Edition

I think that the former (with parentheses) is much clearer, and
would recommend to use that form in the future.

Regards,    Martin.

P.S.: This brings up another point. In both of the above cases,
       only the latest date is noted, e.g.
		W3C Recommendation 28 October 2004
       for the later. I think it would be much better to use
       the same wording in the actual document as on the TR
       page (in this case:
		First published 2 May 2001, revised 28 October 2004).