Re: Multidocument support

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 10:36:04 +0000
To: Dominique HazaŽl-Massieux <dom@w3.org>
Cc: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>, spec-prod@w3.org

> The linkchecker has this function, but only available as a command line
> parameter; cf http://www.aero.jussieu.fr/WEB-outils/docs/checklink.html
> (I agree that having this as an advanced capabitility of the on-line
> version would be good; but this is better proposed/discussed on
> www-validator)

Perhaps this is on-topic for this list then ...
the needs of multidocument spec-prod would be better met by having support
for a specific link checker for each multidocument set.
e.g. for OWL there would be a particular page with the mappings set (by
perhaps the team contact)
Each editor could then use that page to check their document.

I suppose this could be provided by the link checker page accepting a query
part of the URI that sets up the mappings. (Then the multidocument set
specific checker would just be the standard link checker with a specific
query part).