Re: List of Deprecated Elements

Hello, Evan,

Sorry for the delayed reply. For HTML and XHTML 1.0, this list from the
HTML 4 Recommendation might help.

http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/index/elements.html

Whether or not an index like that exists for any given specification is
really up to each Working Group and the editors. Many W3C
specifications editors read the public list spec-prod@w3.org so I am
forwarding your note there as well. Thanks for sending these comments.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/spec-prod/

At 17:29 -0800 11/9/03, Evan Chaney wrote:
>When creating web pages, I frequently find myself trying to remember
>if a certain element/tag is deprecated.  Then I come to the W3C web
>site to find out.  Yet, I don't think I have ever been successful
>because I typically drill down into the particular recommendation I
>am designing for and search for some kind of list of deprecated
>elements to see if the one I am pondering is on there and always get
>lost in the sea of information and links that makes up a
>recommendation.  It would be tremendously helpful if you could
>place, prominently, on the site a simple reference of what elements
>are valid in which recommendations.  Or, alternatively, add a
>reference guide to each recommendation listing all elements/tags
>that make up that recommendation.

Best wishes,
--
Susan Lesch           http://www.w3.org/People/Lesch/