Re: Testable assertion tagging for W3C specifications

From: Jonathan Robie <jonathan.robie@datadirect-technologies.com>
Date: Mon, 06 May 2002 12:10:56 -0700
To: scott_boag@us.ibm.com, spec-prod@w3.org, w3c-query-editors@w3.org
Cc: www-qa@w3.org
At 01:29 PM 5/6/2002 -0400, scott_boag@us.ibm.com wrote:

>    Encourage document editors to view some of the sentences as "test
>    assertions" and to write them in a style that conveys precisely what
>    they declare.
>    Explore possibilities for machine processing of testable sentences in
>    the future.

This sounds like it might force a particular writing style and constrain
the sentence structures used by editors. Am I reading too much into this?

I am concerned about anything that would increase the work load or the
constraints on editors. We've got an enormous amount of work to do as it is.

Jonathan