Re: spec-prod, xmlspec, docbook and Co.

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:34:36 -0500
To: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
CC: spec-prod@w3.org
Norman Walsh wrote:
[...]
> Q3: Can this be addressed organizationally? Could the W3C be persuaded
>     to accept DocBook documents as specs? Could OASIS be persuaded to
>     accept XMLSpec?

W3C accepts XMLspec just like it accepts postscript, PDF, and
other representations; there's no reason it wouldn't accept
DocBook in the same way... that is: as an alternative
representation. We still require HTML (with particular
constraints) as the official version.

How the HTML is produced is up to the editor.