Re: Lists in paragraphs allowed by XMLspec DTD

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 16:53:57 -0400
To: spec-prod@w3.org
* Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM> [2001-08-31 15:56-0400]
> / Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> was heard to say:
> | Not exactly in fact. We are cheating on this case since we don't close
> | the paragraph when we produce HTML4. Tidy close the paragraph during the
> | XHTML transformation. I don't think that the same can be done in the style
> | sheet.
>
> It's within the realm of possibility to do this in the stylesheet, but
> it's really ugly and requires intentionally producing some pretty nasty
> output, like:
>
>   <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;/p&gt;</xsl:text>
>
> which can have far-reaching consequences.

Actually, I had a look at the stylesheet used by the MathML WG (found
in [1]), and their solution, while pretty burdensome, isn't as ugly as
that.

I am going to try and do something similar in the current style sheet
as soon as I have some time.

  1. http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-MathML2-20010221/XML-MathML-20010221.zip
--
Hugo Haas - W3C