Re: Lists in paragraphs allowed by XMLspec DTD

From: Norman Walsh <Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM>
Date: 31 Aug 2001 15:56:04 -0400
To: spec-prod@w3.org
/ Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org> was heard to say:
| Not exactly in fact. We are cheating on this case since we don't close
| the paragraph when we produce HTML4. Tidy close the paragraph during the
| XHTML transformation. I don't think that the same can be done in the style
| sheet.

It's within the realm of possibility to do this in the stylesheet, but
it's really ugly and requires intentionally producing some pretty nasty
output, like:

  <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;/p&gt;</xsl:text>

which can have far-reaching consequences.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--
Norman.Walsh@Sun.COM   | Faith makes many of the mountains which it has
XML Standards Engineer | to remove.--W. R. Inge