Lists in paragraphs allowed by XMLspec DTD

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 15:58:03 -0400
To: spec-prod@w3.org
Hi.

The XMLspec DTD allows lists inside paragraphs (e.g. olist element
inside a p element).

The problem is that, once you run the XSLT style sheet, invalid HTML
is generated since an ol element cannot be inside a p element.

Would that be acceptable to just disallow lists inside paragraphs? If
not, is there any way we could have the style sheet detect such cases
and deal with them?

It seems that detecting them is pretty easy, but dealing with a series
of olist's and PCDATA sections seems difficult (at least with my level
of expertise). Max?

--
Hugo Haas - W3C