Editing tools

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 12:17:44 -0500 (EST)
To: <spec-prod@w3.org>
One of the topics that came up at the BOF was what tools are available.

If Danc is sweet he will turn this into a bit more N3-like at some point so
we can extract it. (I wish I ahd a way of getting RDF stuff out of the
archives more directly, including being able to extract the threading...)

Dreamweaver - clean roundtrip of code, no XHTML specific support i think,
widely used. Macintosh / Windows

Amaya - XHTML support, Windows/Unix

XMLSpy - XML support (XML+CSS?), Windows
Xmetal - Windows, ???

Please add to / edit the list. I am assuming that anything which can't
cleanly roundtrip source code and doesn't support at least XHTML is useless
(Amaya supports XHTML but doesn't do clean roundtrip...)

Charles McCN