Re: How to mark up examples in W3C technical reports

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:58:11 GMT
To: eve.maler@east.sun.com
CC: spec-prod@w3.org

> This is nice-looking and subtle.  Forgive the dumb question, but is
> background-color widely enough supported to be "safe"?

We found after some trial and error for the MathML spec especially DOM
bindings:

http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/appendixe.html

that background colors worked OK in netscape 4 so long as you also
specify a solid border. (without a border you get entertaining effects
which vary from platform to platform) (They also worked in IE 4 and 5)

David

http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp