Re: Ideas for generic document processing tools

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2000 00:19:16 -0500 (EST)
To: "Martin J. Duerst" <duerst@w3.org>
cc: Nico Poppelier <nico@schier7.demon.nl>, "Eve L. Maler" <elm@east.sun.com>, spec-prod@w3.org, bent@exemplary.net
Or even the Amaya Make Book function, which uses types of link within HTML
documents to construct a single HTML document from a collection of liked
documents. In any event, I agree that a single version is handy.

Charles McCN

On Wed, 5 Jan 2000, Martin J. Duerst wrote:

  At 19:41 00/01/04 +0100, Nico Poppelier wrote:

  > > Ben Trafford (copied here) has been sporadically working on an XSL
  > > stylesheet that supports the complete XMLspec DTD, and I'm hoping it can be
  > > the start of an "official" W3C stylesheet for those who choose to use it.
  > Daivd Carlisle developed two style sheets (one for HTML, one for LaTeX),
  > based on earlier work by Eduardo Gutentag. We produce the MathML 2.0
  > Specification drafts with it, and are quite pleased about the results
  > so far. We can share our results with Ben for example.

  If I may use this occasion, one suggestion I have for the MathML specs
  (both 1.0 and 2.0) and some others is that they offer a variant (usually
  something like PostScript or PDF) that allows the thing to be printed
  out in one go.

  Regards,    Martin.

  #-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
  #-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org

--
Charles McCathieNevile    mailto:charles@w3.org    phone: +61 409 134 136
W3C Web Accessibility Initiative                    http://www.w3.org/WAI