Re: Ideas for generic document processing tools

From: Martin J. Duerst <duerst@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 10:25:19 +0900
To: Nico Poppelier <nico@schier7.demon.nl>
Cc: "Eve L. Maler" <elm@east.sun.com>, spec-prod@w3.org, bent@exemplary.net
At 19:41 00/01/04 +0100, Nico Poppelier wrote:

> > Ben Trafford (copied here) has been sporadically working on an XSL
> > stylesheet that supports the complete XMLspec DTD, and I'm hoping it can be
> > the start of an "official" W3C stylesheet for those who choose to use it.
> Daivd Carlisle developed two style sheets (one for HTML, one for LaTeX),
> based on earlier work by Eduardo Gutentag. We produce the MathML 2.0
> Specification drafts with it, and are quite pleased about the results
> so far. We can share our results with Ben for example.

If I may use this occasion, one suggestion I have for the MathML specs
(both 1.0 and 2.0) and some others is that they offer a variant (usually
something like PostScript or PDF) that allows the thing to be printed
out in one go.

Regards,    Martin.

#-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, World Wide Web Consortium
#-#-#  mailto:duerst@w3.org   http://www.w3.org