Re: 10 September 1998 version of XMLspec DTD and documentation

From: Lauren Wood <lauren@sqwest.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 16:20:35 -0700
To: "Eve L. Maler" <elm@arbortext.com>
CC: spec-prod@w3.org
On 14 Sep 98, at 16:06, Eve L. Maler wrote:

Hello all-- I've now made public the latest version of the XML
specification DTD:

DTD:http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/06/xmlspec-
19980910.dtd
Documentation:http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/06/xmlspec-
report-19980910.htm

Hi Eve,

I notice that the XML spec doesn't currently match up to this DTD. There are a few small things that need to be done to make it match:

1) add the attribute "align" to table: the html-tbl.mod file originally used had
          align         (left|center|right)         "left"

2) add the attribute "bgcolor" to td: the html-tbl.mod file originally
had
        bgcolor         CDATA           #IMPLIED

3) The XML spec uses xml:link, whereas the newer DTD uses
xlink:form. I guess this problem is going to keep on happening; I'd
personally rather keep the xml:link form until the XLink WG has
figured out what they're doing. But I don't feel all that strongly
about it.

4) The abstract and status seem to switch positions depending on
the WG. The DTD just needs to have
((status, abstract)|(abstract,status))
instead of
status,abstract