Re: Speech API Community Group - Mercurial repository

On 4 Apr 2012, at 4:30 PM, Glen Shires wrote:

> We have just created the "Speech API Community Group".
>
> I noticed that a Mercurial repository is available to CGs: http://www.w3.org/community/about/tool/
>
> I believe this may be a good way to edit and track our specifications, and help ensure compliance with CLA. Can you tell me if it can be configured such that:
>
> - Anyone (public) can view the files.
> - Only CG members can edit the files.
> - Does it work well for HTML formatted files?
>
> If the answer to these is "yes", then please setup a Mercurial repository for our CG.

Hi Glen,

You now have a mercurial repository that is publicly readable and group writeable:
 https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/speech-api

That is linked from the upper left corner of your home page (under version control).

Regarding HTML formatting, I don't have any experience. Another group is using mercurial as well [1]; you may want to contact Aryeh Gregor (his contact info is in [1]) for his experience.

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/editing