CSS problem IE8

From: Alessandro Miele <alessandro.miele@standardware.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2011 22:16:25 +0000
To: "site-comments@w3.org" <site-comments@w3.org>
Hi all,
I found a problem during navigation with IE8 in IE8 Standards mode: if
I click on the link “mobile” (so I change the css), the layout changes
to mobile view, the same is for “print” layout; all right. The problem
occurs when I switch back to the “desktop” view. The page layout
remains in the “mobile“ view. Furthermore, I noticed that the mobile
and print view in IE8 are different from what I see in Firefox.

Steps to reproduce the issue with IE8 (IE8 Standards mode):

1 – Using a fresh thread of IE8, just open the w3 site.
2 – Click on the “mobile” (or “print”) view link (the mobile view
appears even if it’s different from the same view opened in firefox)
3 – The problem: Click on the “desktop” view link (the desktop view
doesn’t appear and the page remains in the mobile view)

Software, Portali, Accessibilità

Mobile: +39 39 39 926 368