Re: Menu hidden with large text

From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 09:35:05 -0400
To: site-comments@w3.org
On 2010/09/01 09:14 (GMT-0400) David Laakso composed:

> Ian Jacobs wrote:

>> On 2010/09/01 07:58 (GMT), Thomas Murphy wrote:

>>> I was exploring the web with zoomed text to review how various people
>>> cater for web users with poor vision, and noticed that the top menu
>>> of your site is hidden at that font size. I've included a screenshot
>>> to illustrate. Not that our site is fantastic, but I thought you
>>> might like to know.

>> Could you send me information about your browser and OS version? Thank
>> you, Thomas.

> <http://www.w3.org/>

> Minimum font-size 32 does a number on it:

> Opera
> Version
> 10.61
> Build
> 8429
> Platform
> Mac OS X
> System
> 10.4.11

Simply setting default size to 24 (my normal setting BTW), with no minimum
set, in FF4.0b4 is enough to cut off the bottom 1/3 of the search box and the
words: STANDARDS, PARTICIPATE, MEMBERSHIP, ABOUT W3C; & who knows what might
have disappeared.

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/