W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > site-comments@w3.org > October 2010

DTD downloads breaking on anything

From: Steve Niemitz <sniemitz@capitaliq.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 15:44:29 +0000
Message-Id: <88FAA807C7922F4DB1454CAE97830CE701396B76AE@MAILBOX-US.capiqcorp.com>
To: "site-comments@w3.org" <site-comments@w3.org>
Hello,

A few hours ago I noticed that any request for DTDs to your site (for  
example: http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml-special.ent) began to  
break on any request with MSIE in the useragent.

For example:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0;  
SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR

Will return a 403 but:
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0;  
SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR
(I just removed the I from MSIE) works fine.

This also happens to break any request made from the .NET framework as  
it uses a useragent with MSIE in it.  I dont really know who to  
direct this to but I imagine its a pretty large issue.

Thanks.
Steve
  
Received on Sunday, 31 October 2010 15:02:07 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 24 October 2012 16:21:33 GMT