Re: http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620.html#holds

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 17:59:00 +0100
Cc: site-comments@w3.org
To: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
On 9 Jun 2010, at 17:51, Ian Jacobs wrote:

> On 9 Jun 2010, at 10:16 AM, Bijan Parsia wrote:
>> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/IPR-FAQ-20000620.html#holds
>> This answer doesn't quite make sense. Presumably, authors agree to
>> license their work to the W3C such that the W3C can sublicense it
>> under the W3C document (and perhaps somewhat more liberal)
>> license. The copyright holder doesn't have anything to agree *to*,
>> otherwise.
> Hi Bijan,
> Rigo Wenning and I are planning to revisit the FAQ as part of
> licensing discussions. I will take this comment as input.

Here's a fuller version:

It would be great to have a link to the member agreement passage that
makes that clear.

I notice that it doesn't say "irrevocable", which might be worth
incorporating. I know "irrevocability" clauses are weird, etc. but if
you are revisiting anyway it might be something to work in.