Re: helvetica font on Windows

From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 09:38:01 -0400
To: site-comments@w3.org
On 2010/07/05 14:31 (GMT) Sandra Leske composed:

> I am really frustrated that even on your website you use Helvetica
> fonts rather than say Arial  a proper web safe font.  Helvetica does
> not render even remotely well on my PC using firefox or chrome, I run
> windows XP.  I have Helvetica installed on my computer but it does not
> render for a lot of people using PCs, so why is it in use so widely
> and why do you use it on your website? Why is Arial not used as a
> proper for screen designed font?

1-Arial is a clone of Helvetica http://www.ms-studio.com/articles.html

2-On Mac, Helvetica is superior to Arial

3-Why do you keep an inferior font that you don't like installed on your own

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/