Re: Broken link

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 14:03:23 -0600
To: "Kalman, Bohdan (IS)" <bohdan.kalman@ngc.com>
Cc: <site-comments@w3.org>

On 26 Jan 2010, at 1:15 PM, Kalman, Bohdan (IS) wrote:

> This URL: http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt-21/
> - published as this link: XSL Transformations (XSLT) Version 2.1
> - in this chapter: "A.1 Normative References"
> - of this document: http://www.w3..org/TR/xslt-xquery-
> serialization-11/
> - produces this result: "Sorry, Not Found. ...". (error 404 page.)
>
> Please explain and provide a working link, or an estimate when this
> page will be accessible.
>
> Regards,
> Bohdan Kalman

Hello Bohdan,

It seems that the editors have planned for an XSLT 2.1 by putting a
URI in a specification..that does not yet
exist. The reference says:

  «awaiting First Public Working Draft publication».

It seems the group is indeed chartered to work on a "2.1" version:
  http://www.w3.org/2006/06/XML/xsl.html

However, they have not yet published a new draft. When they do, it
will appear in our list of technical
reports and be announced on the W3C home page. I don't have an
estimate of when this will be available, but the group might if you
contact them directly. I suggest using the contact information found
in any of of the existing xslt specifications. More information can be
found on their home page:
   http://www.w3.org/Style/XSL/

  Ian