Re: New W3C Web Site Launched

From: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 17:22:05 +0200
To: Jeff Schiller <codedread@gmail.com>
CC: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>, Michael Hausenblas <michael.hausenblas@deri.org>, <site-comments@w3.org>, <chairs@w3.org>
On Wednesday, October 14, 2009, 4:59:06 PM, Jeff wrote:

JS> Thanks Ian.

JS> Can you please point me to a valid URL for the SVG 1.1 spec in the meantime?

I was going to suggest http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/

but that currently points to SVG 1.0, which was superceded by SVG 1.1.
as http://www.w3.org/standards/history/SVG11 correctly points out.

On the "old" TR page it pointed to SVG 1.1

The new TR page, if you expand the "SVG" part, has a dated link for SVG 1.1,

which works, but it's 'latest' link is now 404 as you said.

Jeff - if you want the best and greatest 1.1 spec you should instead look here

for the editors draft of what will become the PER of the second edition of SVG 1.1, once we finish off the implementation report over the next few weeks.

 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG