Re: New W3C Web Site Launched

Ian,

> We use RDF all over the place internally to manage the site. The RDF
> that we use
> is public:
>
>   Group data:
>   http://www.w3.org/2000/04/mem-news/public-groups.rdf
>
>   Technical reports data:
>   http://www.w3.org/2002/01/tr-automation/tr.rdf

Thanks! This is good news indeed, though seems not to have not been
communicated in an optimal way. I still think we can do more (re events,
specs, authorships, test cases, etc.) - so many wonderful vocabularies such
as DOAP, FOAF, SIOC, etc. just waiting to be used ... :)

> We don't use RDFa where we have RDF source data.

Maybe I'm dense, but what are you trying to tell me, here ?

RDFa is just like RDF/XML a RDF serialisation. And a W3C standard. Over the
past two years we have successfully convinced quite a number of players
(from Drupal over Wordpress to the UK gov) out there that enabling RDFa
support is not only doable but straight-forward and worth it.

> Of course we could do more (e.g., a sparql endpoint for TR searches),
> and we are likely
> to do more.

Very good! Looking forward to use yet another W3C standard and hence eating
more of our own dogfood ;)

Cheers,
      Michael

--