Re: compression of HTML would save a lot of money

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 10:04:27 -0700
To: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>, "seekXL Suchmaschine - webmaster@seekxl.de" <info@seekxl.de>, site-comments@w3.org, w3c-ac-forum@w3.org
I very much doubt that we can effectively second-guess the W3C
operations staff, actually.  I have a strong suspicion that doing
this would make life more complex and cost much more staff money than
it would save in bandwidth money.

On the unlikely possibility that the ops staff haven't previously
thought of this, let's leave them with the idea, and move on.
--
David Singer
Multimedia Standards, Apple Inc.