problems with Html URI validator

From: Eugenio Boscolo <boscoloe@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 13:44:39 -0600
To: site-comments@w3.org
Dear W3C Team,
my name is Eugenio Boscolo and I'm an Italian Web developer.
I have a problem with your HTML Uri validator.

I'm trying to validate a web page by Uri and the validator reports the
following error:

The error text is:
Line 41, Column 154: there is no attribute "border".
i.gif" alt="Ricerca nel sito" border="0" />

But in my rendered page there is not such code ('border="0").
You can verify it by browsing at http://www.mps.it and viewing source.

As a further evidence, if I try to validate my page by direct input, the
online validator reports the following message:
'This Page Is Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!'
Can you plese tell me if I am missing something, or if it's just a
validator's bug?
Thank you in advance.
Best regards,
Eugenio Boscolo