Broken Conneg on the Lists' Search Interface

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@miscoranda.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 18:00:44 +0000
To: site-comments@w3.org

When I request the W3C List Archives' search interface in my Firefox
modified to accept RDF, I get the following response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<rdf:RDF xmlns:email="http://www.w3.org/2000/10/swap/pim/email#"

    <rdf:Description rdf:about="" session:id="1197732779.352810"/>

- http://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/search?type-index=www-tag&index-type=t

This is not an acceptable level of degradation between variants.
Please don't send RDF at all when I request a webpage that should
enable me to search the W3C list archives! There's no RDF language
that allows search forms yet, and a single session triple is
especially unhelpful :-)

See the following message for more details:

- [httpRange-14] Conneg and Acceptable HTTP Variants
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:56:03 +0000

Sean B. Palmer, http://inamidst.com/sbp/